Introduction to Kendall (me)

About me


    My name is Kendall Burroughs, I am 18 years old and from Oregon. I go to Linn Benton Community College and my major is Journalism, with a hope I'll be able to go to university in 2 years and work for a newspaper or something one day. I'm interested in learning about events that are taking place in the current time.
    
    I have other interests like music, I listen to pretty much anything. If I can bust a groove to a song, I'll be adding it to my long, mixed genre playlist. I like coloring, but I unfortunately am really bad at drawing or painting or anything like that. 

How I consume media

    When it comes to consuming media and information, I use social media like Instagram, X, and TikTok. I use these apps because they are also how other people my age and my friends are using and I can connect with people that way. I do not find these apps to be very reliable. People like to lie about things for views a lot of the time. I never trust the information as soon as I see it though, I always fact check it through Wikipedia and Google. 

    Given how things are now with AI and stuff, it is scary how realistic some things can seem or look when fake stories are being spread. Sometimes I won't even notice a video I am watching is AI until I open the comments and see people talking about it. If it is hard for me to tell, I can only imagine how more difficult it is more older adults who get their information that way.
       

Comments